PT Petro Oxo Nusantara, a petrochemical company in Indonesia that produce octanol and N-butanol. The 3 m3/hr (avrg) of raw waste water from process plant is treated by waste water treatment II with activated sludge system. In this activated sludge system is applied aeration tank. BOD and COD in raw waste water substance is removed by biological (microorganisms) using oxygen supplied by air blower. Also, it is supplied urea and diammonium hydrogen phosphate as nutrient to reach BOD:N:P=100:5:1. In this aeration tank is provided pH control system.
The biologically treated waste water overflow from the aeration tank into clarified, it is separated into supernatant and precipitated sludge. The precipitated sludge is return to the aeration tank by pump. The amount of excess sludge to be discharged is controlled with reference to the sludge concentration in the aeration tank, and is discharged to the sludge slurry tank.
The clarifier is equipped with a skimmer, which collects and transfer the scum floating on the clarified surface to the scum tank. The treated water are collected and neutralization in the neutralization tank before disposal to outside the battery limit of plant. 98% sulfuric acid and 48% caustic soda is used. Air mixing is supplied in this tank. The treated water are monitor and control the quality which refer to the local regulation. A petrochemical company located in Gresik is seeking candidates for :
- Male, age not more than 26 years old
- D3 degree majoring in Chemical Engineering
- Senior High School, SMA-IPA/STM-Kimia
- Having knowledge of operation rotating equipment (pump, compressor, etc)
- Having knowledge of operation utilities (Demin water, steam boiler, nitrogen, etc)
- Having relevant at least 2 (two) years experience
- Male, age not more than 28 years old
- S-1 Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent in English (speaking, listening, writing)
- Proficiency in use of the computer literate (MS. Words, MS. Excel, MS. Power Point) knowledge of spreadsheet Auto cad 2000
- Having knowledge of machinery operation, static equipment repair and maintenance