PT KRAKATAU POSCO is a Joint Venture Company between KRAKATAU STEEL & POSCO that have experience on steelmaker manufacturing. They synergize strengthens of both company:
I. KRAKATAU STEEL:
- No.1 Integrated Steelmaker in South East Asia
- Integrated Up & Down stream Production Facilities
- Cooperate with Government & local community
- No.3 Steelmaker in the World.
- No.1 most competitive global steelmaker.
- World-class technology.
- Top 200 Global Companies, at rank 153rd (Forbes 2008, 2009).
PT. KRAKATAU POSCO will reach capacity total about 6 million tons/year when finish the second phase of construction at 2014. Products of the company will consist of Slab, Plate, and Hot Rolled Coil (HRC). Company will constructed on Cilegon, Banten, and will need investment about USD 6 billion.
Krakatau Posco is a new steelmaker manufacturing company in Indonesia. The Company is a joint venture (JV) company between PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk, the Indonesian biggest state-owned steel manufacturers with Pohang Steel and Iron Company (POSCO Korea), the 3rd world biggest steel manufacturing company based in Korea. PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk holds 30% of the Company shares and 70% shares holds by POSCO Korea. PT Krakatau Posco headquarter and production facility located in Cilegon, Banten. The Company's production facility will produce 3 million tons of crude steel annualy with a slab and plate as its main products. As of October 2012, the plant construction of PT Krakatau Posco Phase I has reached 45% and the construction is expected to reach 70 % by the end of 2012.
PT Krakatau Posco invites the best young Indonesia people to join in Management Trainee and Trainee Program with following requirements below:
SMK/SMA/MA Graduate Program (Trainee)
- Male, age 18 - 25 years old
- Min SMK, SMA/MA majoring in IPA/Engineering
- Min average score 6.5
- Male with max age 25 years old
- D3 majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering
- S1 majoring in Material/Metallurgy Engineering
- GPA min 2.85